Produktion / Montage / Unterhalt
Seat Upholstery Technician
This position is responsible for seat upholstery fabrication and installation on primarily new aircraft seats. Fabrication, assembly, and installation of seat upholstery will be done in accordance to technical data and unique customer specifications. You will also assist with material inspections, material handling, leather cutting, and assembly and top-stitch sewing in accordance with approved procedures, manufacturing specifications, and FAA/FOCA requirements.
Your place of work: Broomfield, USA
What you do:
- Inspect incoming materials, including leather and other natural materials
- Measure, layout, cut and sew various materials including leather, ultra-leather, vinyl and canvas
- Sew materials together including leather, hook and loop tapes, scrim and other upholstery foams
- Maintain accurate labor tracking and Job Card/Task sign-offs within the ERP/MRP system
- Operate computerized leather cutting machine
- Use proper safety equipment and comply with all safety requirements in accordance with company and government standards, rules, and regulations
What you bring:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Trade schooling related to upholstery or other relevant courses a plus
- Three years of upholstery and sewing experience preferably in the corporate aviation completion environment or other high end industry such as yachts, luxury motor coaches, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 40 lbs.; use hand tools, industrial sewing machines, leather splitter/skiver and other specialized equipment
- Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs and work in restricted spaces
- Regular attendance and willingness to work overtime and other shifts as required
- Proficiency in general computer use and MS Office software, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must qualify as a U.S. person in compliance with ITAR 22 CFR 120.15
Pilatus offers an excellent compensation package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, health savings account contributions, life and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match, tuition assistance, and more!