Aircraft Interior Technician Apprentice
Pilatus is hiring Aircraft Interior Technician Apprentices to join our program in Broomfield, CO. In this role, you will split time between the Fabrication and Seating Department. You will be working with top-of-the-line materials and soft goods to construct the customized interior furnishings that go into our market-leading business aircraft, the PC-12 NGX single-engine turboprop and the PC-24 Super Versatile Jet. In this program, you are paid to learn valuable trade skills while attending related courses at Front Range Community College. If like us, you have a keen attention to detail, you will be right at home with a team of people that help bring our clients' dreams to life.
An apprenticeship at Pilatus will open the door to a wide choice of career opportunities. This dual-track model allows for both work-based and classroom-based instruction. The program starts in July 2023 and the duration is 3 years. Apprentices are eligible to earn a Certificate of Completion of Apprenticeship from the U.S. Department of Labor.
Apprentice Salary & Start Date
This position will start in July 2023 with a pay rate of $16.00 an hour with a progressive wage schedule per the program guidelines.
Your place of work: Broomfield, USA
What you do
- Learns to fabricate soft goods for the interior of the exquisitely assembled private aircraft
- Paints, sews, and glues fabrics and materials to seats, panels, and interior components
- Assembles aircraft upholstery and seating according to specifications using hand tools, power tools, sewing machines, and other shop equipment
- Learns basic aircraft wiring and harness building
- Learns aircraft ground handling responsibilities (safety, parking, pre-check flight leveling, and weight and balance preparation)
What you bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Patience to learn new skills in an on-the-job training environment