GBTS System Engineer (Synthetic Training Device)
Fly with us into the future and become part of the team at one of the most innovative aircraft manufacturers in the world.
ENGINEERING & TRAINING SYSTEMS
Your place of work:
What you do:
- Define and derive system requirements based on customer contracts, market needs and product lifecycle to design Pilatus pilot training products, with a focus on one or more of the following areas: flight simulation and autopilot models, control loading systems and computer generated forces, Qualification Test Guide (QTG) and certification in accordance with EASA, FAA and ICAO standards.
- Coordination of ground and flight data gathering activities with the Engineering business unit (flight physics, avionics, propulsion, mechanical systems), in support to flight simulations development.
- Support the application of the V-model for the Ground Based Training System (GBTS) products as per the system engineering processes, procedures and quality management standards, with a focus on flight simulators and flight training devices development.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders and support the technical activities required to design the system architecture, including inputs from hardware and software engineers to ensure correct, testable and verifiable system implementation.
- Support system integration, installation, verification & validation (V&V) and through-life support activities, cooperating with project management, quality management, suppliers and customers.
- Write and review technical documentation as part of the project/product lifecycle, inclusive of technical specifications, system requirements, system design specifications and technical memos whilst applying the ISO 15288 guidelines.
What you bring:
- Master degree in Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering, with a focus on flight physics (particularly aerodynamics, flight dynamics and aircraft performance), avionics and complex systems.
- At least three (3) years of experience in System Engineering as well as in programming with Matlab Simulink and C++, with a focus on one or more of the following areas: flight simulation and autopilot models, control loading systems and computer generated forces, complex models integration for flight simulators and training devices with hardware and software in the loop.
- Experience with system engineering methodologies (e.g., MIL-498) and quality standards as well as with tools for requirements management (e.g., DOORS), agile project management (Jira) and for configuration management (e.g., Teamcenter).
- Excellent social and communication skills with a fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Ability to perform to tight deadlines and under pressure on parallel activities, prioritizing tasks with a structured approach and working equally well in a team or individually with a proactive attitude.
What we offer
- A committed, international team and unique projects
- Flexible working hours and individual pension solutions
- Support for training and opportunities for personal and professional development
- Discounted meals in our staff restaurant and various discounts for employees
- Team events at which we celebrate our successes together
Become part of the Pilatus family
- We want to address everyone with our job ad's and are committed to diversity in our company – we are looking forward to receiving your online application
- For impressions: Check Instagram «pilatusaircraft»
Adis Efendic, Recruiter, Phone: +41 41 619 36 97